Monday, August 8, 2011

A day in 原宿 (Harajuku)



I went on the weekend to Harajuku. As you can see from the photos, it's very crowded in Harajuku, probably more so that it's the weekend. Harajuku is famous for being a hub of fashion with many stores selling trendy clothes to both women and men. I was trying to save money so I didn't buy any clothes. But I did eat beef rice bowl at 吉野家 (Yoshinoya) at Harajuku which was tasty but inexpensive. There was a man dressed up in a costume of sorts outside of Yoshinoya and he was wearing a hat with two fishbowls. If you look closely, you can see that there are 2 live goldfish inside.





Then I just walked around Harajuku and I ended up buying a pair of glasses for 3990円 (about US$45) which includes frame and lenses. The best part was they were ready in 30 minutes. I walked around the district and ate some たこ焼き(takoyaki)while I waited and it was delicious. They are in many places around Tokyo and are generally cheap snacks that vistors should try.






No comments:

Post a Comment