Friday, February 10, 2012

New policies in Financial Aid --> Check your financial aid status

Oh dear. The new federal financial aid office has gotten me into a lot of trouble. I am now without institutional aid and only have limited federal aid left. I am worried that I will not have enough financial aid to last me through my program.

For everyone who is on financial aid, check to make sure that you are not exceeding your cumulative units and that you are meeting your GPA requirements.

I am really stressed that this is happening since the policy changes started only recently (Fall 2011).

I am also concerned that I will not have any financial aid when I return to UCI. I have at least one more quarter left but without financial aid, I can't pay for my tuition and living expenses.

This is terrible. I have emailed my financial aid counselor and hope that he will be able to help me.

I know that the Tokyo Study Center warned about exceeding credits before but I thought that as a transfer student I have 9 terms of financial aid after matriculation. *sigh* I will try to remain optimistic about this situation and hope that everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment