Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Countdown: 13 days to go

It's less than 2 weeks to the date of my departure and there seems to be still a lot that I have to do. My parents, being the concerned parents that they are, want me to pack almost the whole house with me to Japan- clothes (for all the 4 seasons), blankets, pillow, a pot, utensils, mug, bowl, shoes...etc...

I don't really want to overpack but I think they have a point that I'll need a blanket and pillow and probably a small pot to cook. I am also thinking that taking so much with me will make it hard for me to travel if I decide to go to other countries after my program ends. It feels like deja vu since I went through the same thing when I was moving from SF to Irvine last August. It was on hindsight that I wish I didn't packed so much. I want to pack only the necessities for my year in Japan but everything seem like a necessity right now. I don't really want to buy things I could have gotten from home especially since the US$ is so weak in comparison to the Japanese Yen.

Well, there's not many days left before my departure so I better do a little more packing before I go to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment